Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Happy Birthday to GIS PILOT !!!

First of all, thanks to everyone for the feedback on such things as missing links, dead links, or just ideas. Anytime you come across a link or suggestion, feel free to shoot me a line at GIS PILOT.

Well, it's been one year now since good 'ole GIS Pilot took to the Internet and I never dreamed it would get this big. It started as this blog with the GIS links in the header. After getting about 1,500 links, Blogger couldn't really handle it too well and I was forced to search for more secure and bigger stomping grounds. So, last April I started up the Pilot and it's been a learning experience since.

There are some updates to mention. So far this week, I've added a Feedburner widget to the GIS PILOT main page and links page. It's that little black box with the orange RSS feed icon. Also, I've changed the main page index into direct links. Previously, I had a table with all the state names. I took out the table and just added the links directly for easier updating.

The Contact page has been updated with a new e-mail. Previously there was a form with comments that got into the hands of spammers. So, that went away. A new e-mail was set up through GMAIL which filters out that crap and saves me some time. Never understood that stuff. 75% of it's not in English anyways, so it's not like it readable.

Anyway, it's been a great year and I look forward to expanding all my sites. Thanks again for all of your support.

No comments: