IRAN is in the news more than ever as it approaches the final stages of developing a Nuclear program. As the U.S. government stands firm against these actions, IRAN is also at odds with Israel and Google.
- Iranians outraged as Google redraws map - In a move tailor-made to wound Iranian patriotic pride and arouse a blizzard of protest, the Azeri provincial capital, Tabriz, is located "in southern Azerbaijan, currently in the territory of Iran". To add insult to injury, the ancient city is listed as being in Azerbaijan, rather than Iran. [ ...more.. ]
- Iran president to send U.S. nation a message soon - Iran's president said on Tuesday he would soon send a message on his country's policies to the U.S. people, whose government is facing calls to engage the Islamic Republic to help quell violence in the region. [..more..]
- Iran Says Nuke Program Is Near Complete - President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Tuesday said Iran would soon celebrate completion of its controversial nuclear fuel program. But Tehran claims its program is peaceful and for generating electricity. Uranium enrichment at low levels can be used to produce fuel to generate electricity but at higher levels can be use to make atomic bombs. [ ...more... ]
- Blair - we must work with 'Axis of Evil' states - Mr Blair said there could be a new “partnership” with Iran if it stopped supporting terrorism in Iraq and gave up its nuclear ambitions. Syria and Iran could choose partnership or isolation, he said. [...more...]
- Netanyahu: It's 1938 and Iran is Germany; Ahmadinejad is preparing another Holocaust - Drawing a direct analogy between Iran and Nazi Germany, Likud leader Benjamin Netanyahu asserted Monday that the Iranian nuclear program posed a threat not only to Israel, but to the entire western world. There was "still time," however, to prevent Tehran from acquiring nuclear weapons, he said. [ ...more... ]