It's not been a good few days for members of the Bush presidency. First, a motorcyle accident in Hawaii created havoc in a motorcade, followed by a staffer getting beaten up, then the Bush daughter, Barbara, gets mugged in Argentina.
- First Daughter Barbara Robbed in Argentina - First Daughter Barbara Bush had her purse and cell phone stolen as she had dinner in a restaurant in Buenos Aires, Argentina, even though she was being guarded by a detail of Secret Service agents, according to law enforcement reports made available to ABC News. [...article...]
- Two injured motorcycle officers in serious condition -Two of the three Honolulu Police Department motorcycle officers involved in a crash while escorting President George W. Bush to Hickam Air Force Base are in serious condition at The Queen's Medical Center. The motorcycles reportedly slipped indvidually on a rain-slicked roadway at about 7:10 a.m near the base entry area . [...article...]
- White House Staffer Robbed, Beaten In Waikiki - The acting director of the White House Travel Office was robbed and beaten in Waikiki early on Tuesday morning outside a nightclub, according to Honolulu police. Pitts' passport and international phone were also taken. [...article...]
- U.S. to Require Passports for Nearly All - Nearly all air travelers entering the U.S. will be required to show passports beginning Jan. 23, including returning Americans and people from Canada and other nations in the Western Hemisphere. The date was disclosed Tuesday by Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff in an interview with The Associated Press. The Homeland Security Department plans to announce the change on Wednesday. [...article...]
- TEEN GOES NUCLEAR: He creates fusion in his home (Nothing to do with Gov't, but just downright cool!) - He first achieved fusion in September and has been perfecting the machine he built in his parents' garage ever since. This year, Thiago was a semifinalist for the Siemens Foundation's National Research Competition. He plans to enter the Science and Engineering Fair of Metropolitan Detroit, which is in March, in hopes of qualifying to be in the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair in New Mexico in May. [...article...]