Sunday, July 02, 2006

Predator's ARNOTT letting this one get away-Pred's sign a huge free agent!

ESPN.COM is reporting that the Nashville Predators have signed free agent Jason Arnott to a multi-year contract. What's this have to do with GIS, you ask? Because, this site is based from Tennessee and I'm excited about last year, with Kariya signed. This is a great step with the addition of size and strength, something the Pred's lacked. Unfortunately, the had to let go of Greg Johnson, Mike Sillinger and Yanic Perreault, and they kept Legwand. Personally, I would of kept Perreault over Legwand and Sillinger was great on the Power Play, but I'm sure there are good reasons to part ways. To let you know the firepower that Arnott brings to the table, consider Arnott was the second leading scorer on the Stars team last year, just behind Modano. He won a cup with the Devils in 2000 but I'll always remember him as a walkon for the Edmonton Oilers back in 1993. Geez, I'm old...

No comments: